OSMHAP: Strand Mounted Optical Access Point
Powerful radios combined with an electrical-to-optical media converter make for efficient fiber backhaul, all in a hardened one-box solution.
The case for fiber backhaul is compelling.
With throughput on 802.11n radios exceeding
100Mbps (full duplex), offloading traffic from
your copper plant to your fiber network not
only makes sense—it may be imperative.
The Lindsay optical strand-mounted,
hardened access point (OSMHAP)
integrates standards-compliant radios with
E-O media converters in a single Lindsay
TOUGH platform that is ideal for serving
business customers who were previously
out of reach of the typical CATV footprint.
The Optical SMHAP installs quickly where fiber access and HFC plant power are available.
- Die-cast aluminum housing (clamshell design)
- Mounting configurations: wall, pole, vault, mast, or strand
- Dual gaskets provide 15-PSI weather-proof seal
- Temperature cycled, from -40ºC to +60ºC (-40ºF to +140ºF)
- Designed to protect against surges
- Single and dual 802.11a/b/g/n radio option
- Integrated media converter with SFP port (Gigabit or EPON)
- Single or paired fiber links up to 120km
- Available with WDM, OADM, splitters and virtual hubs
- Cable gland accepts pre-terminated LC connectors
- Installer-friendly integrated fiber management
- Cable plant-powered (40-90 voltage AC)
- Powered by Mikrotik, HP, Ubiquity and additional options
- Omni-directional and directional sector, panel, grid and dish antenna options
- 2 X 2 MIMO two spacial streams
- Supports 16 virtual service communities (SSID)
- Multiple secure management options
- RADIUS interface for authentication, authorization and accounting
- Hotspot, point-to-point/point-to-multipoint operations
• English Version
• Spanish Version
Back to Business Service Gateways & Wireless APs